What to Expect
When you arrive at Mt. Spokane Veterinary Hospital, you can expect quality care for your pet.
When you arrive you will be greeted warmly as we check you in.
We will do our best to make sure you are brought into an examination room as soon as we have one available. Our goal is to make sure all of our patients are seen on time, but there will be times the occasional unexpected delay due to an emergency or because we are providing care for a patient that needs a little more time. Please accept our apologies should this occur, and understand that the same dedication and courtesy will be provided to your pet should they ever need it.
Here’s what to expect during your visit:
- Once checked in, one of our team members will see you into the exam room and weigh your pet.
- One of our veterinary technicians will start by asking about your pet’s medical history, current condition and the reason for your visit, gathering data for the doctor.
- One of our veterinarians will then examine your pet, ask you further questions and may recommend diagnostic tests if needed.
- This is a great time to ask questions. Our veterinary team wants to make sure you’re completely comfortable with the information we’re providing.
- Once the tests have been run, which can usually be done in the practice, your doctor will discuss a possible diagnosis and treatment plan if warranted.
- Our veterinary technician will likely come back to wrap things up and will provide you with helpful pet care information and answer any wellness and care questions you may have.
- Our front desk staff will process your payment and schedule any needed follow-up appointments.
- Depending on the reason for your visit, you may expect a follow-up call from one of our registered veterinary technicians to get an update on how your pet has been doing since their visit. If you have any concerns, talk to the technician about them or give us a call.